Packing for a holiday can be tricky. It is an unavoidable part of taking a trip though. So here’s a little something I utilise for kids clothes that makes mine (and their) lives so much easier. And all it takes is a little planning and several of 1 item – a large Ziplock bag!
Generally I pack:
- 7 pairs of jocks
- 7 shorts
- 7 shirts
- 4 spare pairs of jocks
- 2 sets of pj’s
- A set of swimmers
- Set of nice going out clothes and another pair of jocks
Get out a pile of large ziplock bags.
- 7 bags – In each bag put in 1 shirt, 1 shorts and 1 jocks – that’s now 7 days of decisions made. All he has to do is grab one bag and his clothes for the day is in there.
- 1 bag – For pj’s and spare jocks.
- 1 bag – Jumper and jeans.
- 1 bag – swimmers
- 1 bag – good clothes and another pair of jocks and socks (because he’ll definitely be wearing shoes with this outfit)
Both kids (Miss S and Mr L) get the same treatment with packing. They can now easily find what they need because it’s all set in bags. I also threw in extra socks in case they were wearing shoes if we go to theme parks or walking etc. but it all fits much easier doing things this way. The ziplock bags act as a “vacuum pack” of sorts and works really well to fit in more then enough for our holidays.
Yay for packing hacks.