With a little over 2 hours left of 2016 I thought it was the perfect time to write this post.
Well, what a year this has been. So many ups and downs, tears and stressful times but also times of joy and utter happiness.
This year saw:
- My biggest baby start and complete Prep.
- I became President of her schools P&C Committee.
- I started studying (and doing Relief work) to become a Teachers Aide
- I was on the committee of the local Family Daycare Scheme (which I no longer am on).
- I started this Blog (Yay!!).
- Continued with my sewing hobby/business.
- Adult Gymnastics classes started – and stuck to them!!! 🤸♂️
- Not to mention working on me – Walking, eating healthier and embarking on a journey of more intentional living.
- I discovered Bullet Journalling, Podcasts and the Minimalists.
I bit the bullet and purchased Your Best Year 2017 and have been really mindful about this read and filling in the activity sheets, reflecting on 2016 and even starting with what goals (NOT New Years Resolutions) I have for 2017. It’s been a real eye opener for me to sit and look back on the year that was and really start working out the direction for the new year.
A few goals I have set myself (some still need fine tuning)
- Have one on one time with hubby and each kiddie at least once a month.
- Be more present when with family and friends.
- Go on our first family overseas holiday.
- Attend a Masters competition for Adults Gymnastics.
- Complete my Teachers Aide Certificate.
- Work hard on my hobby to turn it into a business that will enable me to stay at home.
- Reach 500 blog followers.
- Social Media/Internet/Smart Phone free weekends. (Needs more fine tuning).
For now, that’s it. It’s a huge list and some pretty big goals, but with my new mindset, my current Facebook hiatus (which surprisingly I’m not really missing in the slightest) and a positive outlook for 2017 I’m sure I can achieve so much.
Happy New Year ~ I’m looking forward to a beautiful 2017 full of love, laughter and adventure!
Have you set your sky high goals yet? If not, what are you waiting for?