Wow. I can’t believe I’m actually writing this post, but here it is! The lovely Hannah from Paint Me A Smile has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you so much for the nomination, I’m truly honoured.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How did my blog start?
I started this blog on the 3rd October 2016. I was almost at breaking point with all of the to-do’s in my life, but didn’t know it at the time, I was just trying to stay afloat and needed some help. I was inspired by A Slob Comes Clean and how she started hers as a “practice blog” to work out how to stay on top of the housework, then I found The Minimalists – and their advice gave me motivation to start my own Blog.
My blog is a creative outlet that really has helped me work out a lot of things, it has given me courage to decide what I really want in my life right now and what I’m working towards in the future. I believe that I would have hit a full breakdown late last year if it wasn’t for this venture.
I’m looking forward to 2017 and taking my blog to new heights. I’m hoping that I will gradually build my followers and continue to bring authentic, honest and mostly positive posts that people are able to relate to.
Two Pieces of Advice
I’m still only very new (in my mind) with this whole blogging thing, but I’ll give the best advice I can.
- Get the fundamentals emails from WordPress. These have amazing hints and tricks in there, and even if you don’t have time right away (like I haven’t read through them all yet), you can still save these emails to refer to at a different point in time.
- There’s lots of advice about Interacting, which I think is soooo important. But I think my second piece of advice would honestly be to keep a log of blog post ideas. Whether it be on your phone, in a diary/planner/bullet journal or in WordPress itself. I find that I get inspiration for posts while I’m away from my computer. Whether it be while I’m out for a walk through the gardens, watching the kids play, or baking/cleaning. Rarely do I sit at the computer and magically come up with an idea (it can happen, but rarely). If I’m stuck with how the post should go, I do a major brain dump draft, get everything out of my head and then go for a walk if I’m able to, if not, I leave the draft for a day or 2 (or sometimes a week) and come back to it. I currently have over 10 drafts saved ready for more information/inspiration/real life.
- Amy from More Time Than Money
- Liz C from Stay Strong, Daily Warrior
- Mliae from Life Experiment Blog
- Emma from Puddleside Musings
- Be Inspired
- The Life of A Housewife Blog
- Sam from The Caffine Gal
Again, I’m still navigating myself around blogs and finding ones who inspire my journey. These blogs have all caught my eye for different reasons, whether it’s the fantastic content, the interaction I get from their blogs (on both my page and theirs) or a combination of the 2. I’m looking forward to building new relationships in this “world” as we all build and grow together.
Thanks for reading (and Thank You to Hannah for the nomination)