Week 2 ~ Spouse / Significant Other.
What can I say about my hubby? We got together when I was 20, started living in sin at 21 😉 married at 23 and this August we have been married for 10 years.
What first attracted me to my hubby in that bar all those years ago? His eyes, he has these amazing blue eyes that I get lost in. Every. Time. He wasn’t my “usual type” but that hadn’t worked in the past, so I thought, lets have some fun…. almost 13 years later, here we are.
In this time we have made our house a home, we’ve painted, renovated and boy have we had some fights and heartbreaks, but also some immense joy and of course – love! We have had so many new experiences together but also enjoyed time apart with our friends.
Why am I grateful for my husband?
- We have bought 2 beautiful little humans into this world (Miss S & Mr L) and we certainly have our own carbon copies in these 2, with Miss S exactly like me and Mr L like hubby – and imagine my joy when he kept those beautiful blue eyes!!!
- He’s my other half, he is the one that made me complete and I love him to pieces (even in those times he’s driven me CRAZY, and vice-versa).
- He works hard and allows me the luxury of staying at home while the kids are still young, letting me be involved in the school,
- He supports my hobbies/business ideas like sewing from home for the last 5+ years (and of course, his encouragement is one of the reasons I started blogging!)
- He let’s me sleep in when he knows I need it, and has, on occasion even taken the kids out of the house when he knows it’s been a particularly rough week and I need that time. Just the fact he knows when I need it I appreciate so much.
- He’s supported me through the ups and downs of IVF (even though both children were conceived naturally, but that’s a story for another time), and held me all those devastating times when we thought we weren’t going to have children.
- He truly is my rock and I’m not sure I would have been able to mentally cope through all of the hard times throughout the years without him.
- He’s a smart man who knows when to bring wine 😉
- And of course, he married me!
I have so many reasons to be grateful for my husband. At the end of the day, I always appreciate that he is in my life, I couldn’t imagine sharing it with anyone else if I’m really honest.
Luckily, loving him is (mostly) easy
To see previous posts from the Gratitude Challenge, click the link below:
Week 1 ~ Why start this challenge?